Thursday, August 12, 2010

Not Your Ordinary Back To School



Let's see if I remember how to do this.... been a Loooonnnggggg time!


School started for pretty much everyone around here yesterday. Lots of sad moms. Lots of happy moms! Lots of free moms! I remember the first day of school for Kaitlyn like it was yesterday! I didn't want to leave, I bawled like a baby and then I stalked her school all day! Seriously it was BAD! Do you guys remember that day? Well that was basically a year ago and it seams like yesterday... and yet also years ago. Weird how that happens huh?


When I think about how much she has grown, how much she learned, how much more mature she is, it seams like years ago! How I remember sitting in the car in the parking lot crying and then not going more then 2 miles away from the school the whole day... yea that seams like yesterday!


This year things will be VERY different! As I posted before we decided to home school. There is a lot of different types of homeschooling. We decided on a charter school. CAVA, California Virtual Academy working with K12 is where she is enrolled. We are all REALLY looking forward to it! But.... the closer we get to starting school I'm starting to stress a little more and more. I KNOW once we start going and we have the routine down things will work out, but as for now its the unknown that's kinda scaring me. I'm excited that she will be able to progress as fast or as slow as her little mind can soak it all up. Nothing having to wait for the class! We start school August 30, the countdown begins....
18 more days!

0 comments: