Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mid year




We are 3 weeks away from the end of the first semester. Where did it go? Poof in a blink of an eye, its all in the past.

We have had a fantastic year, school wise. I am SO proud of Kassel and all the heard work he has put into his school work. He's a real young kindergartner and has a small speech delay but he was worked so hard on his school work this year. He has has done awesome on his math and to my surprise has done great at phonics too. He's not too fond of History or Language arts, but usually doesn't give me too much trouble.

Kassel has speech therapy with a great therapist in an online classroom. He likes "going to speech" to play games with her. At the beginning of the year I was a little apprehensive about speech online, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Kassel has also been going to preschool the last few months. I went to that preschool, Kaitlyn went to that preschool, how could I not send Kassel? We had to atleast try it. Some people thought it was weird for me to send him to preschool even though he is a kindergartener, but were a bit UN-ordinary. I'm OK with that. Unfortunately it just didn't seam to fit into our busy days. We will not be returning after the first of the year. We all had fun while we were there and thats what counts.

As for Kaitlyn, she's turning into a girl. Not a little girl, a girl. Full of sass, spunk, attitude, rebellion, etc. She's done amazing in school this year. I have to spend ALOT of time working with Kassel and Kaitlyn is just so easy to teach. I take a few minutes to introduce a new topic to her and send her on her way to work on it. I was really worried about teaching her multiplication and division, but even that she picked up real quick. She started writing some stories which she posted on a new blog I helped her create.

She has also joined a League Swim Team. She was on a summer league swim team over the summer and decided to join a year round team. She did great at her first two swim meets. She improved her times a lot. Enjoys the meets as well as practices everyday. Even when its cold and windy Kassel and I bundle up and watch her practice. She's a natural.

Today is Dec 6, 2011. 15 years ago today we lost my mom. I couldn't even be there when she passed for I was in another hospital. I can remember that day like it was yesterday. At other times it feels like a lifetime ago. I wish she was here everyday. I wish she was able to be a part of my children's life. I think life would be so different if she was still around. Love and miss you mom.

From us to you... sending love!

0 comments: